Good quality tortellini is so tasty on it’s own, it doesn’t take much to turn it into a hearty, delicious meal. With just a handful of ingredients, this recipe is a super simple way to kick your tortellini game up a notch!
Equipment You’ll Need for this Recipe:
Crispy Pancetta and Pea Tortellini
Delicious tortellini made with pancetta, peas and shallots.
Servings 2 People
- 250 grams tortellini your choice! (I used three cheese)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 grams thick-cut pancetta diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated, plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: fresh parsley chopped
- Cook tortellini according to the directions on the package. Drain, reserving a ½ cup of the starchy pasta water.
- In a large skillet or pot, heat olive oil on medium. Add pancetta to skillet and stir occasionally until it is crispy (about 10 mins). Set crispy pancetta aside on a plate lined with paper towel, reserving about 2 tablespoons of fat in the skillet.
- Add shallot to the same skillet and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes or until it is fragrant. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Add the peas and cook until they are defrosted, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the ½ cup of starchy pasta water, add the parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Add crispy pancetta, butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked tortellini to the sauce and toss to coat the noodles.
- Serve immediately with more parmesan cheese and fresh parsley (optional).