As you can probably tell if you’ve seen a few of my TikTok videos, I like to mix in a fair amount of gnocchi and risotto dishes to keep my Italian comfort food nights fresh! This spicy yet creamy, roasted red pepper gnocchi makes for a nice warm meal, perfect for cold winter weather in Canada.
I bought the gnocchi from a local Italian butcher shop and it happens to be gluten-free, but any fresh, store-bought gnocchi will do the trick! I used a teaspoon of red pepper flakes for this recipe but if you like your food extra spicy, feel free to be generous with those two measurements. If you are someone who can’t handle spicy food, I would say this is recipe is around a 4/10, with 10 being extremely spicy. In my opinion, this was the perfect amount of kick for a pasta dish and I will definitely be making it again!
Equipment and Tools I Use for this Recipe
Spicy Gnocchi with Roasted Red Peppers
- 500 grams gnocchi uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes plus more for serving
- ½ cup roasted red peppers chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook gnocchi according to the directions on the package. Reserve ½ cup of the starchy pasta water before draining.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or skillet on medium. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, red pepper flakes and roasted red peppers and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and starchy pasta water and cook until the sauce starts to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add parmesan cheese and butter and stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked gnocchi and toss to coat in the sauce. Serve with more parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.