Bacon Mac & White Cheddar
Simple stovetop mac and cheese made with crispy bacon.
Servings 4 Servings
- ½ pound thick-cut bacon diced
- ½ pound macaroni1 dry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 3 cups old white cheddar cheese shredded
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Heat a large pot or skillet over medium and add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is crispy. Set cooked bacon aside on a plate, reserving 2 tablespoons of fat in the pot.
- Add butter and flour to the reserved bacon fat and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add cream, milk, mustard powder, salt & pepper to pot. Stir until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove the pot from heat and add the shredded cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is creamy.
- Add cooked bacon and cooked macaroni to sauce and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields a very saucy mac & cheese. Add more macaroni noodles if you prefer less sauce.