Lasagna-inspired Skillet Pasta (Simple!)
This skillet pasta is the no-fuss answer to your next lasagna craving!
Servings 2 People
- 200 grams dry pasta your choice!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1½ cups crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup Ricotta cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- 225 grams ground beef (½ pound) cooked
- ½ cup fresh Mozzarella cheese cut into ½ inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese and fresh parsely grated, for serving
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package and drain.
- In a large skillet or pot, heat olive oil on medium. Add onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Mix in Italian seasoning, crushed tomatoes and Ricotta cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes (until the sauce is warm).
- Add cooked ground beef and fresh basil. Scatter the fresh Mozzarella cubes over the sauce and stir gently until the basil has wilted and the mozzarella has just started to melt.
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and remove from heat.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat the noodles. Serve immediately with parmesan cheese and fresh parsely.