When I don’t know what to make for dinner, salmon is almost always my default for something tasty and filling with minimal effort! This salmon is baked in the oven a topped with a wonderful maple miso glaze that offers sweet, salty and savoury flavours (the best of all worlds if you ask me).
Baked Maple Miso Salmon
Flaky baked salmon with a sweet and savoury maple miso glaze
Servings 2 Servings
- two 4 oz salmon filets
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- fresh lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Prep the salmon: Pat salmon filets dry with a paper towel. Rub each side of the filets with salt and pepper and place flesh side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Make the glaze: Combine maple syrup and miso paste and divide in half.
- Cook the salmon: Brush half of the glaze over the tops of the salmon and bake for 10-15 minutes (until flaky and cooked through).
- Finish the salmon: Brush the remaining glaze on the salmon and squeeze over the fresh lemon before serving.