Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dinner for two? Look no further than this creamy garlic shrimp recipe! It’s quick to prepare, uses only a few simple ingredients, and is sure to be a weeknight hit. Serving more than two people? Simply multiply the recipe as needed. This delectable, one-pan dish uses shrimp, cream, butter, parmesan cheese, and other flavorful ingredients. So get ready to whip up something special tonight!
Creamy Garlic Shrimp for Two
A simple, delicious shrimp recipe that takes minutes to make!
Servings 2 People
- 300 grams raw shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper (to taste). Heat olive oil on medium in a fry pan or skillet and add shrimp. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until pink, and set aside on a plate.*
- In the same skillet, melt butter on medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in heavy cream and cook until it starts to thicken. Add parmesan cheese and stir until it has melted and the sauce is thick.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in the cooked shrimp.
- Top with fresh parsley and juice from the fresh lemon (if using) before serving.
*Avoid crowding the shrimp in the pan to prevent overcooking! If needed, cook the shrimp in more than one batch.