Creamy mushroom pasta with a boatload of spinach…yum!
I added some dry Chardonnay to the sauce and paired it to drink with the finished dish.
One easy modification would be to add chicken or bacon for a meatier meal. And if you’re not big on mushrooms, you could totally swap them for another veggie such as asparagus, bell pepper or zucchini!
Equipment and Tools I Use for this Recipe
Creamy Mushroom Spinach Pasta
- 200 grams dry pasta your choice!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ⅓ cup dry white wine optional
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated, plus more for serving
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain, reserving a ½ cup of the starchy pasta water.
- In a large skillet or pot, melt butter on medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until they've started to get golden around the edges, about 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the garlic. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine (if using). Cook until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Pour in the heavy cream and the ½ cup of starchy pasta water and cook until the sauce has started to thicken. Add the parmesan cheese and stir until it has melted and the sauce is thick.
- Add the spinach and stir until it has wilted. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat the noodles. Serve immediately with more parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Huge shoutout to Paradise Home Cleaning for always keeping my kitchen spotless. If you live in the Toronto area and are looking for a new house cleaning service, I highly recommend them! They are so professional and thorough that even my messiest recipes don’t stand a chance!