Skillet-cooked green beans is easily the best method for achieving a tender, crisp texture. The addition of garlic, toasted almonds and parmesan cheese to this recipe makes for a truly delicious veggie side.
The recipe starts off by toasting almonds on the stove. Then, the green beans are married with olive oil and garlic and finished with the almonds and some parmesan cheese (which will melt as your serve!). This dish comes together quick so it’s perfect as a last minute side or as part of an easy weeknight meal!
Equipment and Tools I Use for this Recipe
Garlicky Green Beans with Toasted Almonds & Parmesan Cheese
A non-boring way to make green beans!
Servings 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup slivered raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound green beans washed, dried & trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Heat a large skillet on medium.
- Add almonds to the dry skillet and stir until toasted, about 5 minutes. Set aside in a small bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add green beans, salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add garlic to the green beans and cook 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Remove green beans from heat and top with toasted almonds and parmesan cheese.