Warning: This recipe is for cheese lovers only! I’ve always loved my mac & cheese to be on the saucy side of things. This stovetop recipe is right up my alley because it can be whipped up in a pinch and it guarantees rich, creamy mac & cheese every time!
I like to mix up my mac in my Always Pan but you can use any large skillet or pot! I prefer to eat mine right off the stove but for an even cheesier result (as if that was even possible), you can transfer your mac to a baking dish, sprinkle some cheese on top, and bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes (or until the cheese is nice and melted).
Equipment and tools I Use for this Recipe
Velvety Stovetop Mac & Cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In a large pot or skillet, cook butter and flour over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add cream, milk, mustard powder, smoked paprika, salt & pepper to pot. Whisk until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove the pot from heat and add the shredded cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is velvety.
- Add cooked macaroni to sauce and stir to combine. Serve immediately.