Leek season is a glorious time for food enthusiasts and home cooks alike. These elegant, slender vegetables, with their subtle onion-like flavour and vibrant green tops, really are a true sign of the changing seasons! This ravioli dish starts with leeks and ends with spinach, pesto and a little butter – making for the best combination of fresh and rich flavours!
Ravioli with Leeks, Spinach & Pesto
- 1 lb fresh ravioli uncooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek thinly sliced & rinsed (white and light green parts only)
- 4 cups spinach
- ½ cup pesto
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Chives for garnish
- In a large skillet or pot, heat olive oil over medium.
- Add the leek and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the spinach and stir until it just begins to wilt.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli according to the directions on the package. Drain, reserving a ½ cup of the starchy cooking water.
- Add the ravioli, reserved pasta water, pesto, butter, and salt & pepper to the leeks & spinach.
- Stir to combine and heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately with parmesan cheese, pumpkin seeds, & chives (if using).