There’s something so decadent about soft, pillowy gnocchi wrapped in a rich cream sauce. With shockingly few ingredients, this pasta dish is perfect as a last minute weeknight dinner or as a fancy starter at your next dinner party.
Bonus: the pesto in the sauce turns this pasta a gorgeous shade of green.
Equipment I Use for this Recipe
Creamy Pesto Gnocchi
- 500 g gnocchi uncooked
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated, plus more for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions and reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy pasta water before straining.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot or skillet. Add garlic to the pot and cook about 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add pesto, cream and starchy pasta water to pot and stir until it begins to thicken.
- Add parmesan cheese and salt & pepper and continue to stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thick.
- Remove from heat and add cooked gnocchi to pot and gently toss in the sauce.
- Serve immediately and top with more parmesan cheese.