Using a little (or a lot) of cheese is one of my favourite ways to jazz up potatoes. It may seem over the top, but these cheesy mashed potatoes are made with cream and butter so they’re guaranteed to be amazingly smooth!
Cheese is mashed right into the potatoes and then sprinkled on top to make things extra melty after they’re finished off in the oven. When it comes to cheese selection I like to blend cheddar and Swiss because the cheddar adds a nice bite and the Swiss adds extra gooeyness. That being said, you can sub these for any of your fave cheeses!
Easy Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes dressed up with cream, butter and lots of cheese!
Servings 2 Servings
- 2 medium sized potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 + 1/2 cup cheese of your choice grated and divided in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsely for serving finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Boil potatoes in a large pot of salted water until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Strain potatoes, place them in a medium sized bowl and mash them until smooth using a potato masher, ricer or fork (you can also use a food processor for the creamiest result).
- Add butter, cream, half of the shredded cheese and salt & pepper to the potatoes and stir until smooth.
- Spoon mashed potatoes into a small ovenproof dish or personal ramekins. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with parsley and serve.