When I first posted a video of this pasta on TikTok, it quickly became one of my most requested recipes. The rosé (pink) sauce is made up of just a few simple ingredients that pack a flavourful punch.
After you cook the rigatoni, the whole dish comes together in one pot!
I added spinach to mine but you can definitely substitute it for any veggies or protein you have on hand!
Equipment You’ll Need
Creamy Rosé Rigatoni with Spinach
Creamy rigatoni that can be made in no time!
Servings 2 Servings
- 250 g rigatoni uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2-3 handfuls raw spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese for serving
- According to the directions on the rigatoni package, boil the pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy pasta water before straining.
- Heat olive oil over medium in a large pot or skillet. Add garlic to the pot and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until it starts to become fragrant.
- Add tomato paste, cream and starchy pasta water to pot and stir until it begins to thicken.
- Add parmesan cheese and continue to stir until the cheese melts and the sauce is creamy and thick.
- Add spinach and cook in the sauce until wilted. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add cooked rigatoni to pot and gently toss in the sauce.
- Serve immediately and top with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.