It’s no secret that I’ll look for any excuse to add garlic to a dish. These buttery garlic lover’s wings are kind of like the chicken wing version of garlic bread so, needless to say, I’m obsessed.
My favourite way to cook wings is to bake them in the oven, and with the addition of a little baking powder, they come out nice and crispy! For ease of prep, I’ll usually buy my wings pre-split, that way all I have to do is season them them, pop them in the oven and throw together the sauce while they’re baking.
The sauce is made by combining melted butter, parsley, parmesan cheese and a LOT of garlic. It’s so good on it’s own I don’t even bother dipping the wings in anything else!
Garlic Lover’s Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
For the wings:
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken wings split into drums and flats
For the garlic lover’s sauce:
- 1/3 cup salted butter melted
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine baking powder, garlic powder, salt & black pepper in a small bowl. Add mixture to wings and toss to coat.
- Arrange wings on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until crispy, flipping every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce. In a bowl combine butter, parsley, garlic & parmesan cheese.
- Toss cooked wings with the sauce in a large bowl.